God, books are so expensive nowadays. It’ll make you broke if you more than you’re supposed to! So I like finding the books that I want at bargain prices. I’m not one who is picky about hardcovers vs paperbacks, used vs new. If I see a book that I want to read, i’ll buy it.
Just as long as there’s no tears, holes, writing, or missing pages in that book. OH! And if it was a hardcover and there’s no jacket, don’t even put that thing in front of me. So I guess I am somewhat picky.
On Wednesdays at my local Salvation Army, everything is HALF OFF! 50% off of EVERYTHING. So that means all the paperback books that are originally $1 is now 50 cents. All the hardcovers that are $2 are $1. Come on…what a deal, right? I walked out with 18 books at a total of $11. Is your mind blown yet? No. Well, here. Let me help you.
The one find i’m most proud of is the Twilight Saga. I got this whole series for a total of $3. Each book has never been read (i’m guessing these were overstock from someplace. If bought at list price, this would have cost me $65 (2 paperbacks, 2 hardcovers). 95% off in the end!
I’ve seen the movies (the swedish version) and I LOVED them. But now when I look back at it, I forgot what this movie was even about. I only remember the infamous rape scene (still damaged to this day). I saw the series just sitting there on the shelf and had no choice but to buy it. List price is $48.95. I bought it for $2 (96% off).
Don’t even get me STARTED on this series. If you stay here on Ambrosia long enough, you will see that my favorite genre of ALL TIME is Religious Conspiracy Thrillers. Oh yea….that’s me. One of my favorite books is “The Templar Legacy” by Steve Berry. If you haven’t read that book, go pick it up now. It will mind-bang you. HARD. Anyway, I found out about Dan Brown through Steve Berry and also because of the movies. Now after owning all the movies, I have found the series to start reading and compare. I’ve read The Lost Symbol (which was amazing) and now have to buy “Inferno”. For the Robert Langdon Series, list price is $49.95. I bought it for $2 (96% off).
- Mona Lisa Darkening by Sunny. The 4th book in the Monere Chronicles! I have read the previous ones, but have it on my ebook reader. I have to collect them in physical copies. Talk about a delicious, sexy, erotic story.
- The Odyssey by Homer. One of my favorite classics and movies. I really want to work on reading more classics
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I’ve read this book two times already and want to collect the series!
- Memnoch, The Devil by Anne Rice. My friend’s husband told me this was a cray cray story that’s a must read! I can’t wait until I get to it.
- Altar of Bones by Phillip Carter. Another conspiracy thriller that has to do with a cup and immortality. Now tell me that isn’t an awesome plot!
- The Colombus Affair by Steve Berry. I want this man’s children. God, can he write! I have a majority of the Cotton Malone series and they are astonishing. Yo u should buy it!
- Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King. I love horror/thrillers and I love this cover. Plus, his son is Joe Hill! Anything from this family, I will buy.
- The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. Another “religious” book where a mourning man is contacted by God. Um…yea!!!
And a little bonus for you. This book I didn’t buy at a thrift store, but I saw it at Target and flipped out especially since the sequel, “Hollow City” JUST CAME OUT! Supposedly this is creepy. Love it!
The amount of books is ridiculous! So happy I found these and SO HAPPY to share them with you! Do you book shop at a local thrift store? What’s the best book you’ve bought?